Chartered Legal Executive
Emma is a Chartered Legal Executive in the private client department at Brachers and has over ten years’ experience in dealing with a broad range of private client matters including, will preparation, probate, the administration of estates and powers of attorney.
Emma also has experience in estate and tax planning and always seeks to highlight planning opportunities for her clients.
- Grants of Probate and Grants of Letters of Administration.
- Administration of estates involving complicating factors such as transferable nil rate bands between spouses, varying the terms of a deceased’s will to make the estate more tax efficient and claiming tax reliefs where appropriate.
- The preparation of Wills for individuals, families and small business owners.
- Estate/tax planning
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- CLT Certificate in Estate Administration
Emma thrives on dealing with the variety of private client work and appreciates that clients very often come to seek advice from her in difficult circumstances. She adopts a practical but sensitive approach to her work and always tries to explain things as simply as possible to help clients with their understanding.
- Achieving an inheritance tax saving of over £100,000 by varying a deceased’s will
- Advising in an estate with domicile issues where the deceased held assets in different jurisdictions
- Administering the estates of a husband and wife worth in excess of £12 million
- Administering an estate involving a significant business interest partially owned by a trust
- Administering an estate under the rules of intestacy where the deceased died without leaving a will involving the estate passing to twenty beneficiaries in over six different countries
- Locating missing beneficiaries in an estate
- Preparing a life interest trust wills for a husband and wife with children from a previous marriage
- Preparing a discretionary trust will for a woman with a disabled son in order to safeguard the sons inheritance
“Emma has guided us through the process of my parents’ estates in an efficient, professional and approachable manner. My brother and I have greatly appreciated and valued her support throughout”.
“Thank you for all of your excellent advice and expeditious professional work on my behalf as Executor of my Mother’s estate.”
“Emma knows how to set you at ease, and carefully draw out the facts of what you are trying to achieve, whilst offering options and at the same time keeping it light and informal.”
“Emma put us at ease when dealing with Mother’s estate and kept us very well informed at all times. It was a pleasure to have had her working on our behalf.”
- Court of Protection
- Powers of Attorney
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Residential Property, Farms & Estates
- Tax Planning
"Both Emma and the receptionist put us at our ease throughout the process of sorting out out mother's estate. Very impressed with them both."
Glynis Casey (client)
"This was a situation that I was dreading and it was made very simple for me."
"Every time I visited the office, I was greeted with help and friendliness. Every question I asked was professionally answered. Great contact throughout".
Paul Clarke (client)
"Emma was very easy to talk to and helped me a lot to get through a difficult period."
Patricia Adams (client)
"I got on very well with Emma, who always explained everything very clearly. She was always available, even at short notice."
Ian Valentine (client)
Thank you for all of your excellent advice and expeditious professional work on my behalf as Executor of my Mother's estate.
Mike Cooke (client)
"We would like to thank you for your quick grasp and understanding of all our wishes and for making what could have been a rather stressful time such a pleasure."