Joanna was appointed as Managing Partner in May 2013. She joined the firm in 1991 as a trainee solicitor and became a partner in 1999. She is also the former head of the firm’s Employment & HR team.
- Strategic workforce planning
- Complex litigation both in the High Court and at Tribunals Employment and HR issues
Appointments & rankings
- Recognised in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 2014 and included in the management section which identifies members of the legal profession who have led the way in their field.
- Joanna has written and contributed to numerous articles in specialist publications and regional business media. Examples include:
- Across the board: Gender diversity in law firm management teams
- The Lawyer Management: Brachers
- The Lawyer Hot 100: Management
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
- Law Society
- Kent Law Society
- Kent and Medway Advisory Board
Joanna advises on the whole spectrum of HR and employment issues and works with a wide client base, from large blue chip companies, local business and NHS Trusts, to Schools and Colleges.
Joanna was appointed as Managing Partner in May 2013. She joined the firm in 1991 as a trainee solicitor and became a partner in 1999. She is also the former head of the firm’s Employment & HR team. Joanna has a reputation for advising on complex litigation both in the High Court and at Tribunals. She prides herself on giving clear practical advice which is both strategic and commercially focussed. Developing a good trusting relationship with a client is absolutely paramount.
Joanna studied in Liverpool and then went to the College of Law in York to undertake her Legal Practice Course. As a loyal member of staff for 23 years, Joanna recognises that the firm has strong links with the region’s past, having been established in Kent for over a century, so remains committed to investing in the region’s future. Joanna’s vision has been focused on embracing change, being unafraid to adapt service models, and constantly searching out new ways to add value to clients. Joanna is committed to combining creative thinking for clients, unpinned by strong management and quality control.
With You Magazine
Welcome to the first edition of With You, our Brachers magazine. Inside you’ll find a mixture of news, insight, client stories and regular columns on a wide range of legal-related topics. Read more18/09/17
Services for individuals and families
Our specialists will work with you to achieve the best outcome for you and your family. Whether it’s advice on planning for your future and protecting your legacy, buying a property or preserving your assets following a relationship breakdown – we’re here to help. Read more16/05/17
Brachers is an award winning law firm, providing valuable legal support and business advice to individuals, companies and other organisations across Kent and beyond. Read more20/09/16
Family Matters Issue 3
The latest edition of our private client newsletter. Read more19/10/15
Family Matters - Issue 2
The latest edition of our private client newsletter. Read more