Matt is a Partner specialising in private company acquisitions and disposals, including private equity, management buyouts and accelerated M&A transactions.
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
Achievements, appointments and rankings
- Chambers & Partners 2017: Up and Coming - Corporate/M&A (The South)
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Up and Coming - Corporate/M&A (The South)
- Chambers & Partners 2015: Associate to Watch - Corporate/M&A (The South)
- Legal 500: Recommended Lawyer - Corporate and Commercial (Kent, Surrey and Sussex)
- Kent Corporate Finance Alliance Awards 2015: Deal of The Year 2015 for the $10m Private Equity Investment into Watchfinder.co.uk Limited by Piton Capital and Beringea
- Acquisition International M&A Awards 2015: Best for Private Company Acquisitions - South East
- Kent Corporate Finance Alliance Awards 2014: Deal of the Year Award 2014 for the acquisition of Testbank by Burgess Marine
- Kent Corporate Finance Alliance Awards 2014: Deal of the Year 2014 Runner Up for the sale of the Kent Pharmaceuticals group to DCC Healthcare
- Acquisition International M&A Awards 2013: Commitment to Healthcare M&A Award 2013
- Insider South East Dealmaker Awards 2012: Deal of the Year Award 2012 for the sale of Power Efficiency Limited to Balfour Beatty Workplace Limited
- Acquisition International M&A Awards 2012: Regional Law Firm of the Year 2012: South East
Matt joined Brachers as a trainee in 2006 and qualified into the Corporate Team in 2008. Matt was promoted to Partner in 2015.
Recent work highlights
- Advising on the £11m Private Equity Investment in Burgess Marine Limited by RJD Partners
- Advising on the $10m investment into Watchfinder.co.uk Limited by Piton Capital and Beringea
- Advising Beringea, Elaia Partners, Foresight Group and YFM Equity Partners on the sale of Digital Healthcare Limited to EMIS Group.
- Advising on the £58m sale of the Kent Pharmaceuticals group to DCC Healthcare, shortlisted for the Deal of the Year Award at the Insider South East Dealmaker Awards 2014.
- Advising on the £18m sale of Power Efficiency to Balfour Beatty Workplace, winner of the Deal of the Year Award at the Insider South East Dealmaker Awards 2012.
- Advising on the £10m sale of BACTEC International to Perusa Partners Fund 1 LP.
“Very good bedside manner and his good relationship skills. He is very detail-oriented and is calm, collected and thoughtful.”
Client quote, Chambers UK