I act for a diverse client base in a broad range of commercial and corporate work, advising clients on all aspects of their business including specialist intellectual property and technology matters.
I have worked across a wide range of:
Corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, management buyouts and complex funding arrangements as part of those buy outs, joints ventures and shareholders agreements;
Commercial matters which predominantly involves advising on and negotiating and drafting a wide array of commercial agreements from standard template documentation to complex partnering arrangements and carbon emissions trading agreements;
Intellectual property and technology matters including trade mark applications, licence arrangements and advising on software and development and maintenance agreements.
I am always mindful of the commercial considerations and risks faced by my clients which enables me to provide practical commercial legal advice as opposed to just regurgitating the law.
Recent highlights have included:
- Advising an NHS trust on the exit provisions in their facilities management contract.
- Advising a local client on opposition to trade mark application.
- Effecting a share reorganisation following an EMI scheme.
- Acted for seller of shares in an internet based battery company.
- Preparing joint venture documentation for investment into research and development.
- Advising NHS trust of software development and maintenance agreement.
Spare time? I have two young children – there is no such thing as spare time. However, in the unlikely event that I do manage to find some, I love all things chocolate and enjoy having fun with my friends and family.