Tel. 01622 776465
- Estate / Tax Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Administration of Estates and Trusts
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Full Professional Member of Solicitors for the Elderly
- Charity Trustee for Sevenoaks Area Mind
- Member of the Law Society Private Client Section
Appointments and Rankings
“Clients say ‘he is exceedingly knowledgeable’ on trust issues and ‘extremely thorough’ in his advice.” Chambers UK, 2015
Christopher is a Partner in the firms Private Client department and has broad experience of a range of clients matters including the preparation of Wills, Estate and Tax Planning, Trust Creation, Powers of Attorney and the Administration of Trusts and Estates.
Christopher specialises in Capital Taxes planning and helps clients to minimise Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax exposure whether through Will or Trust planning or otherwise as part of the Administration of an Estate or Trust. He has particular expertise in Inheritance Tax planning for clients with businesses and/or agricultural assets.
Christopher is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners as well as Solicitors for the Elderly and occasionally lectures for CILEX Law School on various Private Client topics.
Christopher lays claim to having drafted the ‘world’s highest Will’ at a height of 5,364 metres on a trek to Mount Everest Base Camp.
- Estate Planning work for a wealthy couple which included the creation of Revocable Life Interest Trust Wills for maximum flexibility and asset protection purposes, Lasting Powers of Attorney for Property and Finance and Health & Welfare, numerous Declarations of Trust to transfer equity in investment properties in order to reduce exposure to Income and Capital Gains Tax and the setup of Inheritance Tax efficient lifetime Trusts.
- Acting for wealthy husband and wife clients with a multi-million pound pension, which involved the creation of an Inheritance Tax efficient Spousal By-Pass Trust to reduce Inheritance Tax exposure on second death. This achieved a potential Inheritance Tax saving of circa. £70,000.
- Acting in the Administration of an Estate worth approximately £2 million which included business and agricultural assets and devising a planning strategy to make full of all Inheritance Tax reliefs available to the estate.
- Acting in the Administration of an Estate in excess of £1 million which involved an application to the Court for the appointment of an independent Administrator to deal with the estate where creditors of the estate were conflicted from acting themselves.
- Achieving a considerable Capital Gains Tax saving for beneficiaries of a Will Trust being wound up by fragmenting the beneficial ownership of Trust property through the use of a Memorandum of Appropriation and a Declaration of Trust.
- Advising the Trustees of a number of related Trusts on the overall Tax Planning strategy of the continuation of the Trusts. This involved the winding up of one of the Trusts and providing assistance with the Administration of the Trusts including the Trustees about their on-going duties and responsibilities.
- Advising clients on the negotiation process of settling an overdue Inheritance Tax liability.