Make a claim
To make a claim call us on 01622 680430
Industrial & Occupational Disease
Have you suffered an occupational/industrial disease due to work? If so we can help you get the compensation you are entitled to. We are one of Kent’s leading solicitors specialising in industrial disease; from fatal asbestos diseases like mesothelioma to industrial deafness or “RSI”.
Even where activities causing the industrial disease, such as mesothelioma or deafness, happened many years ago, compensation can frequently be obtained. Where the guilty party no longer exists compensation for mesothelioma and many other industrial diseases can often be recovered from their insurer. Very often the responsible party for the industrial disease is an employer, but it could be a building’s occupier.
We can help you get compensation for all types of industrial diseases/illnesses, including:
- Asbestos disease including mesothelioma, asbestosis (pulmonary fibrosis), lung cancer and diffuse pleural thickening. Note; mesothelioma and other asbestos diseases often do not develop until 30 years or more after the asbestos exposure. Medway is a national hotspot for mesothelioma.
- Industrial deafness/tinnitus tinnitus (noise induced hearing loss). Note; whilst people often only notice deafness as they get older, deafness is often partly/fully caused by earlier work noise exposure.
- Other respiratory disease i.e. non-asbestos.respiratory diseases, like sillicosis, rhinitis and occupational asthma.
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) (work related upper limb disorders), including tendinitis, tenosynovitis, golfer’s and tennis elbow, hand arm vibration syndrome/vibration white finger and trigger finger
- Repetitive back injuries
- Skin disease, dermatitis and eczema
- Work stress related illness
- Free Consultation
- A genuine no win no fee service
- We pay any legal expenses up front for you.
Two of the most common industrial disease claims we deal with are asbestos diseases like mesothelioma and industrial deafness.
Asbestos diseases are currently increasing due to widespread use of asbestos from the 1950s to 1970s and the long time lag between asbestos exposure and the onset of diseases like mesothelioma. Shipyard workers, building trades and asbestos manufacturers were among those most frequently exposed to asbestos and liable to develop diseases like mesothelioma for which compensation may be obtained.
Industrial deafness claims; Noise from industrial processes has been an even more common occupational hazard than asbestos. Thankfully its effects are rather less serious than asbestos, but deafness and tinnitus can still have a significant effect on life quality and deserve their own compensation.