Brachers was founded in 1895 by Henry James Bracher. From the very beginning the firm was committed to its clients, the local community and its ability to offer excellence. The highest standard of work became the expectation of all who instructed us.
Now, over a century later, Brachers remains a firm renowned for building lasting relationships with clients and delivering high quality advice. All major decisions have been made with these objectives in mind. The firm has changed a lot over the years but its core values and culture are still recognisable.
As a firm we are proud of our continuing role in the region’s most significant developments and our commitment to the key sectors represented in the region.
Brachers’ was founded in 1895 by Henry James Bracher who moved to Maidstone when he was appointed Clerk to the Hollingbourne Guardians. In 1912 he was joined by his son, Guy, who was sadly later killed in The Great War, and Frank Miskin.
Brachers took its name from these first three partners, Bracher, Son & Miskin and for the first 75 years the partners were drawn solely from the Bracher, Miskin and Brown families.
By 1970 it became necessary to recruit other partners to support clients and in 1988 the name was changed to Brachers.
George Bracher retired in 1998 and Chris Brown in 2003, who were the last of the family members.
Today we continue our commitment to our clients and the local community consistently seeking the best possible outcome for businesses and individuals.