Portfolio Management and Outsourcing
After decades partnering with lenders, particularly large financial service firms, their trust and reliance in our services has led to some relationships extending into outsourcing and portfolio management, not just for debt but for active accounts too. We particularly specialise in insolvency and bereavement (deceased) portfolio management, but will also consider any alternative outsourcing.
Insolvent accounts require active management if they are to perform as well as they can. Obviously there are limitations but creditors who take no interest in the debt after the debtor enters into bankruptcy, liquidation, administration or a voluntary arrangement could be missing out for the sake of passing the accounts over to a team of specialists in this area.
As soon as you hear of the insolvency of a customer, immediately pass the account to us and we will do the rest.
Specifically, we will:
- lodge a proof of debt
- communicate with the Official Receiver or Insolvency Practitioner
- vote on your behalf at any creditors meeting, including voting and proposing any necessary modifications to voluntary arrangements
- monitor the performance of the Insolvency Practitioner and ensure that regular reports on the progress of the case are received; and
- collect dividends on your behalf and account to you
Upon notification to you of the death of your customer or even if it is suspected that they may have died, accounts may be passed to our dedicated bereavement team. They will be able to:
- Where necessary, attempt to confirm that the customer has in fact died.
- Communicate with solicitors, executors or next of kin in a sensitive and tactful manner to close down the account, obtaining payment where possible and appropriate from the estate.
Our team has extensive customer service training and their priority is to ensure as positive experience as is possible in the circumstances, protecting your brand and reputation whilst dealing with the necessary formalities.
Where possible we will provide a choice to clients on an individual basis, depending on the size of the portfolio, account turnover and collectability. Options for consideration are generally based on either a fixed fee or a percentage of collections.
Key Contacts - Portfolio Management and Outsourcing:
Meet the Team:
Always attentive and helpful. They don’t let things slide.
Chambers High Net Worth Guide
The empathy and reassurance provided during proceedings was of a highly personal nature.
The Legal 500
The team at Brachers is knowledgeable and professional and provides pragmatic advice.
I was well informed throughout, his advice was excellent