Solicitor - Commercial
We are currently looking for a Commercial Solicitor, 3 – 6 years PQE, to join our corporate and commercial team based at our offices in Maidstone, Kent.
Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality and value to clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
Our commercial team is headed by two highly experienced partners, both of whom were previously based in London firms, and are willing to provide substantial training to the right candidate. This is an opportunity for the right person to join a dynamic corporate and commercial team with a reputation for delivering outstanding client service.
The candidate will be involved in a wide variety of commercial contracts and issues on a day to day basis for various clients, as well as more bespoke and higher value commercial contracts for larger industrial clients.
What we are looking for
We would expect anyone wishing to be considered for this role to have a mixed corporate and commercial background with an interest in specialising primarily in commercial contracts, including industrial projects (such as energy, infrastructure and manufacturing). Our client base is growing rapidly, and we act for a mix of local clients as well as international clients who have commercial interests in the UK.
Ideally the candidate will have experience in the following:
- Commodity sale, purchases, supply and distribution arrangements
- Construction and operation documentation
- Shareholder/consortium arrangements
- Share / asset sale and purchase agreements
Some experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Finance (debt and security) documentation
- Intellectual property
Additionally we would expect you to:
- Be able to work in a fast moving environment.
- Manage your client matters to a successful conclusion by reference to their objectives and financial expectations.
- Demonstrate a keen commercial acumen and understand the need to provide 'added value' to clients.
- Possess a proven track record of meeting or exceeding your agreed targets and goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and effectively manage your workload to deliver an outstanding service.
- Have experience and enthusiasm in active participation in marketing and business development activities.
- Be self-motivated with drive and determination to deliver results as part of a small but growing team.
What we can offer you
We offer a friendly and welcoming environment and whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow as well as a very competitive reward package.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary along with a great benefits package including pension, up to 26 days annual holiday, life assurance, private medical insurance, income replacement scheme, Perkbox staff discounts, social events etc, along with the opportunity to undertake good quality work and develop your career within a highly reputable legal practice.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV with a covering email, stating your salary expectations and notice period, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Email your CV to our HR team