Communications and Marketing Executive
A great opportunity has arisen for a Communications and Marketing Executive to join our Marketing and Business Development team based at our offices in Maidstone, Kent. This role is a full time fixed term contract (until the end of May 2020).
Brachers is an award winning law firm based in Maidstone which prides itself on delivering quality service which provides value to clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Marketing and Business Development team to develop compelling content and support the delivery of marketing communications. The ideal candidate will possess strong and creative writing skills and previous experience with marketing communications.
Role and responsibilities
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Handling media enquiries
- Pitching individual lawyers to relevant sector press as expert commentators, preparing briefing notes for partners
- Creating and maintaining firm and practice group specific media lists
- Creating and maintaining relevant forward features lists and pitching the firm's expertise in a timely manner
- Drafting, seeking relevant partner approval, and issuing all news releases and handling follow up including circulating coverage
- Lead, manage and coordinate the annual legal submissions and award entries. Track, analyse and report the results
- Work with the wider marketing team to deliver marketing communications and events
- Draft, edit, proof-read and publish promotional material. Comfortable with InDesign to edit collateral would be desirable but not essential
- Work on content for pre-qualification and tender submissions as well as developing collateral that helps evidence experience. Responsible for liaising with partners and fee earners to obtain relevant information, generating and reviewing responses and proofreading
- Draft and gain relevant sign off for content on the firm's website and intranet, including articles, news releases, client stories and other 'good news'. Adopting firm language, tone of voice and Brachers style
- Work with partners to develop client focused marketing initiatives and campaigns to target new work. Develop communication plans to ensure successful delivery and ROI
- Work directly with the Managing Partner, draft and gain relevant sign off for the monthly 'Good news Monday' internal bulletin for intranet
- Work with the Marketing & BD Manager to prepare reports for monthly Board update meetings
- Maintain relationships with and project manage briefs with external designers and suppliers to ensure we produce high quality and engaging marketing and promotional collateral
- Be a brand ambassador for the firm, ensuring all internal and external communications are in line with brand guidelines. Advise colleagues on the importance of adhering to the Brachers brand and how to implement our messaging and tone of voice in their communications
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the Marketing & Business Development Manager
What we are looking for:
- University degree or relevant experience in a marketing role (CIM desirable)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrable experience of advising and influencing senior stakeholders
- Proven collaborative working style
- Communications/ marketing experience
- Comfortable working with digital tools such as email marketing software, social media management dashboards (Photoshop and InDesign experience would be useful)
- Understand importance of branding and marketing communication strategies
- Resourceful, flexible and responsive in dealing with people
- Trustworthy with sensitive and confidential information
- Able to quickly establish good working relationships and promote best practice across all offices and at all levels
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV together with a covering e-mail, including your availability and salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 26 April 2019.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Email your CV to our HR team