Education Matters newsletter Summer 2019
Education Matters Forum
‘Education Matters Forum’ is a regular event which focuses on one key issue at each session that faces the sector. Held in collaboration with Kreston Reeves, the Forum enables us to fully explore the topic in detail and provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and opportunities posed as well as sharing ideas and information with each other.
We bring together key decision makers and influencers from the education sector in the South East, to participate in a wide ranging discussion about topical issues and challenges that the sector is facing.
Upcoming forums for 2020
A collaboration between Brachers and Kreston Reeves:
- 26 February: Retention and Recruitment | Brachers LLP, Maidstone
- 29 April: MAT to MAT Collaborations | Kreston Reeves, Chatham
- 1 July: Topic to be agreed with Forum attendees | Brachers LLP, Maidstone
- 30 September: Topic to be agreed with Forum attendees | Kreston Reeves, Chatham
If you are interested in attending future events please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR, Data Protection and Data Cleansing
The first of our forums explored the topic of data and the current issues surrounding this subject.
Topics discussed included:
- Data breaches
- Subject access requests
- Data retention
- Cyber security
Key learning points:
- Identify all of the personal data that you hold and where it is held.
- Regularly review privacy notices and ensure they are compliant with legislation. Also consider if there should be a separate privacy notice for children?
- Establish a policy for handling data breaches, ensure this is communicated and staff are trained in this.
- Provide regular staff training on data protection responsibilities.
- Develop and implement a policy on retention and storage of data.
Trading and VAT
The second of our forums explored the topic of trading and VAT.
Managing Disciplinary and Exit Processes
The third of our forums explored the topic of how to manage disciplinary procedures and best practice exit processes.
- The Team
- News & Events
Education Matters Newsletter Spring 2019
Education Matters Newsletter Winter 2018
Managing Child Safeguarding Allegations in Education
GDPR and the Education sector
No knowledge blocks have been added to this entry