Education Matters newsletter Summer 2019
Education Matters Forum
‘Education Matters Forum’ is a regular event which focuses on one key issue at each session that faces the sector. Held in collaboration with Kreston Reeves, the Forum enables us to fully explore the topic in detail and provide attendees with a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and opportunities posed as well as sharing ideas and information with each other.
We bring together key decision makers and influencers from the education sector in the South East, to participate in a wide ranging discussion about topical issues and challenges that the sector is facing.
These events are invite only, if you are interested in attending future events please email email@example.com.
Upcoming dates and topics
- Wednesday 10 July | Chatham | Trading and VAT
- Wednesday 09 October | Maidstone | Employment and HR issues with a focus on managing disciplinary matters and exits
- Wednesday 11 December | Chatham | MAT to MAT collaborations
GDPR, Data Protection and Data Cleansing
The first of our forums explored the topic of data and the current issues surrounding this subject.
Topics discussed included:
- Data breaches
- Subject access requests
- Data retention
- Cyber security
Key learning points:
- Identify all of the personal data that you hold and where it is held.
- Regularly review privacy notices and ensure they are compliant with legislation. Also consider if there should be a separate privacy notice for children?
- Establish a policy for handling data breaches, ensure this is communicated and staff are trained in this.
- Provide regular staff training on data protection responsibilities.
- Develop and implement a policy on retention and storage of data.
- The Team
- News & Events
Education Matters Newsletter Spring 2019
Education Matters Newsletter Winter 2018
Managing Child Safeguarding Allegations in Education
GDPR and the Education sector
No knowledge blocks have been added to this entry