Faith schools and Religious Discrimination
Brachers' legal experts have in depth expertise in all employment law matters affecting schools, including but not limited to:
- Contracts and handbooks
- Moving away from national terms to academy and free school status
- Teachers’ terms and conditions (including pay awards and appeals)
- Managing under-performance / capability issues
- Sickness absence
- Handling disciplinary, grievance and dismissal processes
- Handling discrimination claims
- Union activity and agreements
- Redundancies and restructures
We frequently advise on TUPE transfers, including service provision changes often experienced in the education sector, for example in relation to catering and/or I.T services and have significant experience in acting for educational establishments in employment tribunal proceedings.
We are able to offer an integrated employment law and HR support service to meet your needs; this may be for one off matters, particular projects or on an on-going basis. Our associated partner, Kent HR can provide HR consultants on-site or via telephone support and undertakes outsourced project work including consultation processes, discipline and grievance issues and investigations. Kent HR work closely with our solicitors to provide continuity of advice.
We can provide a range of retainers to enable you to access advice quickly and easily and be aware of the costs that you are incurring from the outset.
- The Team
- News & Events