• As we get older we find we face new challenges.  We can sometimes find it difficult to cope with our personal affairs in the way we used to and not everyone is fortunate enough to have a family member nearby who can help.

    Fortunately, this is something Brachers’ specialist personal affairs team can help you with.

    Many people are surprised that solicitors deal with such things, but we regularly deal with the following on behalf of our clients:-

    • managing bank and building society accounts
    • liaising with financial advisers to ensure the most efficient management of savings and investments
    • arranging payment of household bills
    • sourcing and arranging care packages
    • advising on benefit entitlement
    • arranging for suitable contractors to undertake maintenance or repairs to property
    • booking appointments for service and maintenance of domestic appliances
    • organising and booking holidays, birthday parties and other social events
    • personal shopping

    As an attorney or court appointed deputy, Brachers Trust Corporation is able to deal with your personal affairs with the minimum of fuss and the greatest attention to detail. We can deal with the administration of your day to day affairs on an ongoing basis, or deal with individual requests as and when required.

    Whether you live in your own home or have moved to residential care, we will meet with you when we receive your initial enquiry, so we can get to know you and your individual situation before we do any work.  Once we begin working for you, an annual visit will be arranged when we can have a catch up and discuss any change in your circumstances or requirements.  In addition, we can, of course, arrange to visit you at any time if you have any worries or concerns.

    Our fees will be charged at the hourly rate of the person allocated to deal with your affairs and this will be of course be discussed with you before any work is undertaken.

    If you would like any further information on how we can help you manage your personal affairs, please email Christine Bass or contact her on 01622 690691.

    This content is correct at time of publication

    Can we help?

    Take a look at our Trusts page for useful information, resources, guidance, details of our team and how we may be able to help you

  • Get in touch

    Please fill out the below form or alternatively you can call us on 01622 690691

      By submitting an enquiry through 'get in touch' your data will only be used to contact you regarding your enquiry. Please view our privacy statement for more information