Kent businesses confident of future growth despite Brexit uncertainty
Brachers supports Brexit Ready Kent workshops
Experts from across Brachers will speak as part of the ‘Brexit Ready Kent’ workshops, held across the county from 14 October until the UK is due to leave the EU on 31 October.
According to the British Chambers of Commerce, 41% of UK businesses aren’t ready for a no-deal Brexit, and many are unsure about what steps they need to take ahead of the deadline. In a bid to help businesses better prepare, these workshops will be run by the Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce with the aid of £100,000 funding from the Government, and support from Brachers.
With 22 ‘Brexit Ready’ clinics on offer, experts from the firm will speak about:
- HR and employment of EU citizens
- Contracts and commercial concerns
- Import and export
- Data transfer
- Practical steps to take to prepare
Brachers Managing Partner, Joanna Worby, said the clinics would go a long way to helping businesses better prepare.
“The political turbulence surrounding Brexit has left many businesses unsure how to get ready for such a massive economic change. No one knows exactly the ramifications of what a no-deal Brexit might be, but we should consider that uncertainty about the UK economy may result in fluctuations in the strength of the Pound, possible imposition of import quotas and tariffs, and changes in tax and employment law.”
“Being a border county, Kent will be directly impacted by Brexit on implementation day and these workshops are offering a lifeline to those who are not yet prepared.”
During the sessions, experts from Brachers will offer tips to minimise the impact on industry of a no-deal Brexit:
- consider practical impacts of Brexit on business and contractual and employment commitments
- consider existing commitments which may be more time consuming or costly to perform as a result
- consider commitments which organisations may no longer feel able to fulfil.
Places are limited and registration is on a first come, first served basis. The clinics will be held at different locations around Kent. For information on times, dates, and to book into a free session, see below.
‘Brexit Ready Kent’ free workshops
- Tuesday 22 October 2019, 8:30am-12pm, Campanile Hotel, Dartford
- Thursday 24 October 2019, 8:30am-12pm, Kent County Cricket Club, Canterbury
- Friday 25 October 2019, 12:30pm-4pm, Mercure Tunbridge Wells, Pembury
- Thursday 24 October 2019, 12:30pm-4pm, Kent County Cricket Club, Canterbury
- Friday 25 October 2019, 8:30am-12pm, Mercure Tunbridge Wells, Pembury
- Monday 28 October 2019, 12:30pm-4pm, Hempstead House, Sittingbourne
- Wednesday 30 October 2019, 8:30am-12pm, Discovery Park, Sandwich
Food and drink
- Friday 18 October 2019, 8:30am-12pm, Holiday Inn, Sevenoaks
- Monday 21 October 2019, 8:30am-12pm, The Grand, Folkestone
- Friday 18 October 2019, 12:30pm-4pm, Holiday Inn, Sevenoaks
- Monday 28 October 2019, 8:30am-12pm, Hempstead House, Sittingbourne
- Tuesday 29 October 2019, 8:30am-12pm, Leaf Hotel, Dover
- Tuesday 29 October 2019, 8:30am-12pm, Brachers LLP, Maidstone
Tourism and hospitality
- Monday 21 October 2019, 12:30pm-4pm, The Grand, Folkestone
- Tuesday 29 October 2019, 12:30pm-4pm, Brachers LLP, Maidstone
- Wednesday 30 October 2019, 12:30pm-4pm, Discovery Park, Sandwich
- News & Events