Employment Appeal Tribunal allows cross-appeal in schools case
Employment Tribunal Statistics 2019
Comparison of the statistics to previous periods demonstrates a continued rise in the number of tribunals received following the abolition of tribunal fees.
The latest quarterly statistics reveal that both single-claim receipts and outstanding caseload have increased, by 14% and 19% respectively, compared to last year.
They also reveal that:
- The number of disposals of single-claim cases has decreased by 3% compared to April to June 2018.
- The mean age at disposal for single-claim cases was 33 weeks, which is five weeks more than in last year.
- Since ET fees were abolished, single claims have been steadily increasing quarter on quarter, only falling from 8,900 in Q4 2017/18 to 8,500 in Q1 2018/19.
- Multiple-claim cases saw a decrease in both receipts and disposals of 57% and 38% respectively.
- The mean age at disposal for multiple-claim rose from 133 weeks to 140 weeks compared to last year.
- There were 104,000 total receipts and 97,000 total disposals recorded by HMCTS this quarter.
- From the launch of the ET fee refund scheme in October 2017 to 30 June 2019, there were 22,100 applications for refunds received and 22,000 refund payments made, with a total monetary value of £17.6 million.
Full statistics can be found online at Gov.uk.
Brachers can provide leading legal support for those facing an employment tribunal
Our Employment team are experts in handling both employment tribunal and civil court claims. Our success rate of 95% won tribunal claims over the last 5 years demonstrates our breadth of experience.
To find out more on how Brachers can help please see our expert legal support for those facing an employment tribunal or get in touch.
- News & Events