Data breach puts GDPR back in the headlines
Data security in schools at The Education People Show
How much is enough? The perception vs reality of data protection, data breaches and preserving your reputation.
Following the introduction of the GDPR, many schools are concerned about the correct procedures to take as well as their reputational risk should a breach occur.
Head of Employment Catherine Daw will be speaking at this year's Education People Show on just how far schools need to go to protect the data they manage.
Date: Wednesday 7 November
Venue: Kent Event Centre, Detling
What will be covered?
The session includes:
- A summary of the current landscape following the introduction of the GDPR and recent guidance from the Information Commissioner
- How and when a potential data breach might arise in a school
- What steps to take if a data breach is identified and how to know if a disclosure to the Information Commissioner’s Office, parents and students is required
- How to deal with media interest and potential parent complaints in light of a breach
- Guidance to staff about the use of social media
A question and answer session will follow.
For full details visit The Education People Show.
- News & Events