Recruitment and Retention Workshop
About this event
We are delighted to supporting this upcoming workshop organised by Visit Kent, which will provide top tips and practical guidance on how to get the best staff, and get the best from your staff, in the tourism and hospitality industry.
With the shape of the workforce currently under threat of change from Brexit and other factors, it is important to ensure companies are attracting a wider range of people into a career in hospitality and retaining the best staff, by providing quality training and offering flexible working conditions.
The workshop will feature a range of expert speakers, including Catherine Daw, head of Brachers' Employment team, who will be delivering a session on effective recruitment and retention.
This free workshop will help employers address the issues of recruitment and retention by providing best practice examples to implement in to your business. Find out more about how you can get involved in proactive initiatives to change perceptions of a career in hospitality, plus learn about details of the plans to address the skills gap at a national level, through the tourism sector deal.
- Deirdre Wells OBE, Visit Kent: The challenge of skill gap, retention, recruitment and the potential impact of Brexit
- Catherine Daw, Brachers: Effective recruitment and retention
- Nell Sanders, Sleeping Giant Media: A best practise example of growing new talent and retaining staff
- Leonardo Gagliano, Hilton Hotel: The tourism and hospitality guild and how to get involved
- Louisa Mungall, Visit Kent: The higher apprenticeship and how to get involved
Date: Tuesday 17 March 2020
Location: Brachers LLP, Medway House, 81 London Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 0DU
Cost: Free of charge
8:00 – 8:30: Informal networking with refreshments
8:30 – 10:30: Presentations/Workshop
10:30 – 11:00: Informal networking (optional)