Christine joined Brachers in September 2007 as a legal secretary in the Private Client team before qualifying as a paralegal in 2012. She assists clients with the day to day administration of their affairs.
During her time at Brachers she has gained a wealth of experience in all areas of the department, including Court of Protection applications, management of day to day affairs of elderly and vulnerable clients and powers of attorney.
In October 2012, Christine joined the Elderly & Vulnerable Team as a paralegal, assisting clients in the day to day administration of their personal and financial affairs, where Brachers Trust Corporation is appointed as their deputy by the Court of Protection or as their attorney.
Before joining Brachers, Christine worked at other law firms, where she gained experience in personal injury and medical negligence, commercial litigation, property and family.
Christine specialises in:
- Private client
- Personal Affairs administration
- Court of Protection applications
- Powers of Attorney
Areas of Expertise:
Qualifications, Memberships and Awards:
- Administration of affairs following brain injury – liaison with case managers and care providers to ensure the best quality of life for clients.
- Transfer from home to residential care – client’s wishes are paramount. Management of the move from one home to another with the greatest care and sensitivity.
- Should clients wish to remain in their own home but are unable to manage its upkeep, arrangement of maintenance or adaptation of the property where required.
- Care at home and end of life care. Coordination of the provision of care in a client’s home and management of the necessary arrangements in the absence of family members should a client sadly pass away.
Bonnie Boddie, Carer and friend of personal affairs client
To dear Chris. Thank you so much for all the support you’ve given me – it means so much.
Andrew Blake, Client
Christine was extremely knowledgeable, informative and helpful throughout the whole process. Could not have wished for anyone better. Absolutely superb.
The Good Care Group
We work with a number of solicitors who hold ‘Power of Attorney’ for our clients and experience, with varying results, how this is applied from a legal, client interest and common-sense perspective. We are happy to say that Brachers is a company that regularly delivers on all three fronts. They demonstrate, on a regular basis, that they make not only the necessary financial decisions but do so with genuine care for the clients under their control. Something that, unfortunately, is quite rare. As a result, we have no hesitation in recommending their service to any prospective clients.