Helen acts in a range of commercial property matters with the vast majority of her experience lying in leasehold matters.
Helen’s experience ranges from acting on behalf of Landlords and Tenants in short term Leases of high street shops through to complex Leases of units within shopping centres and industrial estates. She also undertakes work in relation to applications under commercial Leases such as Licences to Assign and Licences for Alterations.
Helen also has experience in Option Agreements and Agreements for Leases as well as acting for borrowers in commercial lending.
Helen joined Brachers in March 2019 after moving from a firm in Essex where she qualified as a Solicitor in August 2016.
Helen's expertise include:
- Commercial freehold sales and purchases
- Acting for Landlords and Tenants in new Leases and renewal Leases of, in particular, offices, shopping centres, high street shops and warehouses
- Acting in applications under Leases such as Licences to Assign and Licences for Alterations
- Acting for borrowers in commercial lending
- Commercial freehold sales and purchases subject to Leases.
Helen's recent cases include:
- Acting on behalf of a Landlord in relation to a number of simultaneous surrenders of Leases, re-grants of existing Leases and grants of new Leases of an office block.
- Acting on behalf of a Tenant in relation to the successful negotiation of a Licence to Assign when the Tenant was in substantial breach of the Lease and consent had been refused on that basis.