Kent County Show 2019
Alexandra is a Partner at the firm and advises clients in respect of tax and estate planning, the preparation of wills, trust creation, estate administration and lasting powers of attorney.
Alexandra qualified in 2010 and specialises in capital tax planning and assists clients with minimising their inheritance tax and capital gains tax liabilities.
Alexandra is a Chartered Tax Adviser and Full Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). She has also undertaken her STEP Advanced Certificates in Will Preparation and UK Tax for International Clients. Together with the above she has an interest in the contentious aspects of private client work which enables her to provide holistic advice and tailored solutions for her clients.
Outside of the office Alexandra is heavily involved with the Kent Law Society and will become Vice President in May 2019. She is also a Director of the Kent Law Society Services Limited.
Alexandra has also been an adviser for the award winning Kent Law Clinic at the University of Kent since 2010 and has recently been asked to join their management committee.
Next Generation Lawyer in Legal 500 2018:
Alexandra Gordon, who is dual qualified - she is also a chartered tax adviser, is 'a go-to contact and a fountain of knowledge'.
Associate to watch in Chambers High Net Wealth 2018:
She's very friendly, very approachable and I think she listens very well to the client and what their concerns are; she also reacts very well to any issues they have. She listens, doesn't talk over them and picks up on the areas where she may be able to help.
Next Generation Lawyer in Legal 500 2017:
Alexandra Gordon is knowledgeable, engaging and is able to put across information in an easily digestible manner.
Recognised in Chambers High Net Worth 2017:
Very efficient and extremely knowledgeable. She has outstanding professional knowledge and she's sensitive and sympathetic to the needs of individual clients.
Qualifications and Memberships
- CIOT (Chartered Tax Adviser)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Special Purposes and General Purposes committee member of Kent
- Law Society
- Director of Kent Law Society Services Limited
- Management committee member of Kent Law Clinic at University of Kent
- Kent Law Society
Some of Alexandra Gordon's recent case studies include:
- Acting in the administration of a complex estate in excess of £8million where the deceased had recently started the conversion of a property into nine flats. The estate also comprised of foreign assets and a large amount of personal possessions. Dealing with the day to day completion of the development and ensuring that all inheritance tax reliefs were successfully claimed.
- Acting in the administration of an estate where the domicile of the deceased was in question. The deceased also had assets in UK, France and USA. Successfully arguing the deceased was non-domiciled in the UK which meant there was no UK Inheritance Tax to pay.
- Acting for a wealthy individual who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Ensuring that he took the advice in respect of his business and pension which ensured his surviving spouse was considerably looked after for the future.
- Advising the Trustees of a Will Trust after a dispute between two of the Discretionary Beneficiaries. This involved the splitting of the Trust and the winding up of one of them. Advising the Trustees on the tax position and their responsibilities.
- Roughly 50% of time spent on tax and estate planning work to include Wills, LPAs, setting up of trusts and declaration of trust and 50% of time spent on estate administration.
- Due to level of qualifications, Alexandra tends to deal only with High Net Worth individuals with taxable or complex estates.
Articles by Alexandra