GP Practices - How we can help
Ash has over 19 years’ experience in commercial property and leads the firm’s primary care sector.
He specialises in primary care property, acting on the development of new GP premises, and on the leases, sales and disposals of healthcare and care homes property.
Ash advises on the formation of GP Federations, and acts for many of Kent’s NHS Trusts and Clinical Commissioning Groups. He is a member of the Primary Care Premises Forum.
He has particular expertise in commercial landlord and tenant law as well as acquisition and disposals for tenants of business premises. Ash is the lead partner for corporate support and secured lending.
Ash joined Brachers in 2002 after working at leading city firms Lawrence Graham, Decherts and Speechly Bircham and became a partner in 2007.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Primary Care Premises Forum
- Kent Care Home’s Association
Some of Ash Jilani's recent case studies include:
- Acting for an NHS Trust on a £20 million portfolio scheme to improve access to Primary Care by increasing the availability and quality of GP premises under the APMS Contract and LIFT Scheme.
- Acting for a leading GP practice on a development agreement and 125 year underlease of new premises for £2 million.
- Advising Hadlow College in their takeover of the Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Ashford campuses of the former K College. The takeover was of vital importance to stabilize the provision of further and higher education opportunities in Kent. Property values at many tens of millions.
- Acting for an NHS Trust on the construction of a £3.2 million new accident and emergency centre at the Trusts’ main hospital and dealing with the associated PFI documents.