Partner and specialist in mergers and acquisitions, management buyouts, asset swaps, restructurings, demergers and joint ventures as well as banking and finance. Claire advises a range of clients from international corporations and high street names to individual shareholders on various corporate matters such as share sales, loans, investments, company law issues, finance and business acquisitions.
As well as her City and international experience in advising large corporates and serial acquirers, Claire has a great deal of experience advising owner managers on succession and exit strategies including the sale of their companies.
Claire has developed a following of clients throughout Kent and the South East and established excellent relationships with a number of corporate finance boutiques, accounting firms and banks.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales
- Member of the Law Society
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand (not practising)
Some of Claire Williams's recent case studies include:
- Advised the shareholders of a retail chain on the sale to a management team, backed by private equity, with debt funding from HSBC
- Acted on the investment into a joint venture to develop a new app for consumers with an insurance technology firm
- Advised the partners on the sale of a children’s nursery group business to a charity
- Acted on a demerger by way of a scheme of reconstruction of a family owned property investment company
- Acted for a multi-jurisdictional insurance group on a debt finance and a revolving credit facility with Investec
- Advised the sellers on the 2016 reorganisation and sale of the Big Box self-storage group to Storage Mart of the USA in a £100m plus transaction being the largest of its kind in the self-storage sector ever