Probate fees update
Emma qualified as a Solicitor in 2010 and heads up the Estate Administration Team.
Emma advises clients on capital tax planning and assists clients to mitigate inheritance tax and capital gains tax often through the use of wills or trusts.
Emma is a full Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners as well as Solicitors for the Elderly.
Emma specialises in:
- Inheritance tax planning for individuals, families, business owners and farmers
- Administration of estates and trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Business succession planning
Qualifications and Memberships
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Full professional member of Solicitors for the Elderly
- Member of the Law Society Private Client Section
Some of Emma Harris's recent case studies include:
- Acting in the administration of a complex estate in excess of £10million which involved numerous business interests including agricultural elements.
- Acting in numerous complex estate administration files which involved disputes with HMRC about the availability of Agricultural Relief and Business Relief and successfully negotiating with HMRC to be allowed reliefs claimed.
- Providing capital taxes advice to a client with an estate of over £30million to structure the estate in the most tax efficient manner to include structuring in such a way to be able to claim Agricultural Relief and Business Relief on death.
- Emma spends approximately 70% of her time with estate administration cases and the remainder of her time with estate planning files to include drafting wills and trusts, tax planning and drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney.