How much does probate cost?
Emma is a Chartered Legal Executive in the Private Client team at Brachers and has over ten years’ experience in dealing with a broad range of private client matters including, will preparation, probate, the administration of estates and powers of attorney.
Emma also has experience in estate and tax planning and always seeks to highlight planning opportunities for her clients.
Emma thrives on dealing with the variety of private client work and appreciates that clients very often come to seek advice from her in difficult circumstances. She adopts a practical but sensitive approach to her work and always tries to explain things clearly to help clients’ understanding of what can be complex matters.
Emma specialises in:
- Grants of Probate and Grants of Letters of Administration.
- Administration of estates involving complicating factors such as transferable nil rate bands between spouses, varying the terms of a deceased’s will to make the estate more tax efficient and claiming tax reliefs where appropriate.
- The preparation of Wills for individuals, families and small business owners.
- Estate/tax planning
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
Qualifications and Memberships
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- CLT Certificate in Estate Administration
Emma's recent cases include:
- Achieving an inheritance tax saving of over £100,000 by varying a deceased’s will
- Advising in an estate with domicile issues where the deceased held assets in different jurisdictions
- Administering the estates of a husband and wife worth in excess of £12million
- Administering an estate involving a significant business interest partially owned by a trust
- Administering an estate under the rules of intestacy where the deceased died without leaving a will involving the estate passing to twenty beneficiaries in over six different countries
- Locating missing beneficiaries in an estate
- Preparing a life interest trust wills for a husband and wife with children from a previous marriage
- Preparing a discretionary trust will for a woman with a disabled son in order to safeguard the sons inheritance