Kent businesses confident of future growth despite Brexit uncertainty
Erol has over 20 years’ experience advising businesses and lenders on all aspects of commercial transactions, with a particular specialism in energy. Ranked in Chambers Global, which recognises lawyers as leaders in their respective practice areas and in the Legal 500.
Erol has experience of advising clients including developers, investors, lenders and contractors on all aspects of commercial transactions and projects, including, in particular, in the energy and infrastructure sectors. His expertise includes advising on joint venture arrangements, business and share sales, commodity supply, sales and distribution arrangements, loan and other finance structures and construction and operation arrangements.
Ranked in Chambers Global, which recognises lawyers as leaders in their respective practice areas, and in the Legal 500. Erol has extensive experience of running and supervising teams of lawyers on projects and providing focused, risk-based advice to clients.
Prior to joining Brachers Erol was a Partner at a major City law firm for more than 10 years and worked as a commercial lawyer in the City for almost 25 years.
Erol specialises in:
- Commercial transactions including energy and infrastructure projects
- Joint venture arrangements
- Business and share sales
- Commodity supply, sales and distribution arrangements
- Loan and other finance structures
- Construction and operation arrangements
- Intellectual property licensing
Qualifications and Memberships
- Law Society
- AIPN (Association of International Petroleum Negotiators)
- UKELG (UK Energy Lawyers Group)
Erol's recent cases include:
- Advising a French contractor on all construction and related finance arrangements for a significant works package in respect of a major new-build UK power station.
- Advising a Dutch company on the feedstock supply, construction and related documentation for a series of waste to energy plants in the UK.
- Advising a Danish industrial on the project and security documents for a wind farm in the north of England.
- Advising an IOC on its acquisition of a European fuels and lubricants distribution company.
- Advising a UK property developer on the vendor financing arrangements for the acquisition from it of a significant plot of land for commercial development.
- Advising a Danish industrial on the refinancing of its corporate debt facilities for its entire group including its UK and other European subsidiaries.
- Advising a state oil company on the transfer of ownership and the commercial restructuring of Muntajat and Tasweeq (which purchase and sell to the international market all petrochemical and refined products produced in Qatar), including advising on the share sale, the product sales and distribution arrangements and competition law aspects.
Articles by Erol