Frances has over 20 years’ experience of clinical negligence matters. She has been on the NHSLA, MPS and RCN panels and has also carried out work for RSA.
She defends medical claims brought against hospitals, GPs, surgeons, dentists, nurses and podiatrists. Frances now acts on behalf of the Medical and Dental Defence Union to represent their members in respect of healthcare, medical and dental claims brought against them.
She has a practical and sensible approach to the defence of claims and provides clients with helpful reassurance to assist them through the processes and issues.
Frances specialises in:
- Healthcare and Medical Defence.
- Advising on all types of clinical negligence including brain injury cases, orthopaedic, ophthalmic and surgical cases, cases involving misdiagnosis, A&E, podiatry, cosmetic surgery, gastro-intestinal surgery, gynaecological and renal cases.
- Fatal accident claims.
- Specialist interest and expertise in dental cases.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Law Society
Frances's recent cases include:
- Negotiated settlement of complex dental claim before trial for £165,000 on a global basis.
- Successful strike out of a claim against a dentist on the basis that the claim was without merit.
- Settled a claim involving a delay in diagnosis of a foot tumour for £14,475.