Brachers’ John Sheath wins ‘Outstanding Contribution’ award
Joanna was appointed as Managing Partner in May 2013. She joined the firm in 1991 as a trainee solicitor and became a partner in 1999. She is also former Head of the firm’s Employment & HR team.
Joanna is a litigator with a reputation for advising on complex litigation both in the High Court and at Tribunals. She prides herself on giving clear practical advice which is both strategic and commercially focussed. Developing a good trusting relationship with a client is absolutely paramount.
Joanna is passionate about ensuring everyone at the firm is given the best chance to excel. That means embracing diversity, flexible working and taking everything good about the culture of the firm and making it better. She is also is committed to providing clients with maximum value unpinning all she does by strong management and quality control.
Joanna studied in Liverpool and then went to the College of Law in York to undertake her Legal Practice Course.
Appointments & rankings
- Recognised in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 2014 and included in the management section which identifies members of the legal profession who have led the way in their field.
- Joanna has written and contributed to numerous articles in specialist publications and regional business media. Examples include:
- Across the board: Gender diversity in law firm management teams
- The Lawyer Management: Brachers
- The Lawyer Hot 100: Management
Qualifications and Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association
- Law Society
- Kent Law Society
- Kent and Medway Advisory Board
Articles by Joanna