Supreme Court radical ruling on withdrawal of CANH
John Sheath has over 35 years’ experience in advising and supporting the NHS and has developed the successful healthcare team to become a regional market leader. In 2008 he obtained an MBA with distinction including a thesis on knowledge management in the health sector at Nottingham Trent University.
John’s extensive experience includes the support of NHS clients through major incidents including Kent & Canterbury Hospital (cervical smears), East Kent Health Authority (Dr Ayling), East Kent NHS Hospitals (Rodney Ledward), West Kent HA (Michael Stone), Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (C Difficile) and Sussex NHS Partnership (alleged corporate manslaughter).
His extensive experience covers Court of Protection emergency declarations, GMC and GDC proceedings and Performance List Panels; Judicial Review and advice on major reorganisations and consultation procedures. He has developed a substantial inquest practice for NHS Trusts and a leading defence organisation.
He supports NHS training on specialist topics such as consent, confidentiality and capacity, DoLs information governance, professional accountability, the legal implications of record keeping and provides first-hand practical training for staff in the form of mock inquest and tribunal hearings.
John specialises in:
- Healthcare & Medical Defence
- Inquests & coroners courts
- Complaints and independent reviews
- Health & Safety
- Governance and risk management
Qualifications and Memberships
- The Law Society
- The Health & Safety Lawyers Association
John's recent cases include:
- Re (HSE) -v- Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust 2014.
- Re K, Court of Protection 2014,; Surgical review and suspension of laparoscopic keyhole surgery MTW
- 2016 Re JP High Court QBD possession order ( bed blocking )
- Re A Family High Court 2016 refusal of blood transfusion (17 year old patient with capacity )
Articles by John