Property Alert Service
Kate is Partner and Head of the Residential Property team, and in addition to handling residential conveyancing she carries out related commercial property work for clients in the development and farming sectors, and those with small businesses and similar commercial interests.
Kate has a wealth of experience in property matters having qualified in 1985 and has led the highly regarded Residential Property team at Brachers for many years. Under Kate’s leadership Brachers was one of the earliest firms in the country to gain the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme accreditation.
Kate has lived and worked in Kent for over 30 years having joined Brachers in 1985 and has been a Partner since 1990.
Kate specialises in:
- Nationwide sales, purchases and mortgage work particularly high value properties in London and throughout the south east
- Rural properties and associated land and agricultural issues.
- Acting for private lenders and banks. Advising families and trusts on property related schemes
- Equity release
- Site acquisitions, options and set up for development
- Unregistered land and first registrations
- Listed buildings
Qualifications and Memberships
- Kent Law Society
Some of Kate Baigent's recent case studies include:
- Achieving an average of 30 completions a month giving personal attention to all matters and supervising other team completions.
- Recent handling of a property purchase in London for £11 million.
- Acting on sales and purchases involving complex leasehold structures.
- Dealing with farmland and potential development sites including imposing coverage clauses.
- Helping a buy to let investor with his portfolios.
- Advising on inter-family property transfers to implement tax schemes.
- Obtaining first registration of unregistered land.
- Setting up various small residential sites for local developers of between four and 20 houses, keeping last relationships with these clients.
Articles by Kate