Five Tips for New Company Directors
Kelly is a Solicitor in the Commercial Litigation team.
Kelly joined Brachers in September 2014 as a trainee solicitor and qualified into the Commercial Litigation Team after gaining experience in dispute resolution, corporate & commercial and medical law during her training contract.
Kelly advises across a wide breadth of matters including commercial contracts, corporate insolvency and partnership disputes, as well as supporting Michael Oatham, Partner and Head of Commercial Litigation.
Prior to joining Brachers, Kelly worked as a paralegal in a legal services company in London. Kelly studied Law with American Law at the University of East Anglia, obtaining a 2:1 honours degree, and spent a year abroad at the Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. She then went on to study at the College of Law, London where she received a distinction on her Legal Practice Course.
Kelly specialises in:
- Commercial contract disputes.
- Companies Act breaches and Director’s duties/liabilities.
- Shareholders’ rights and remedies.
- Corporate insolvency.
- Construction disputes.
Qualifications and Memberships
- The Kent Law Society
Kelly's recent cases include:
- Successfully defending breach of contract claim
- Advising on directors’ dispute and negotiating a successful settlement
- Advising on breach of directors’ duties claims and negotiating a successful settlement
- Assisting with advice and negotiation on a half a million pound shareholder dispute
- Successfully pursuing judgment debtors for monies owed
Articles by Kelly