Brachers shortlisted in this year’s Credit Awards
Michael is the Head of Commercial Litigation and is a litigation and insolvency specialist. He previously worked in banking and asset finance in the City.
Michael joined Brachers in1998 and has been a Partner since 2004.
Michael’s clients are diverse, ranging from individuals to multi-national corporations. In the public sector, Michael has worked extensively with NHS Trusts and local authorities.
Renowned for his tenacity, Michael is also highly regarded for keeping his clients’ wider objectives in mind; a culture which is embraced throughout his team.
Notable cases include Fuji Seal Europe Ltd v Catalytic Combustion.
Michael specialises in:
- Commercial contract disputes
- Corporate risk analysis and advice
- Shareholders’ rights and remedies
- Partnership and LLP disputes
- Corporate insolvency and asset recovery
- Intellectual property
- Alternative dispute resolution
Qualifications and Memberships
- Kent Law Society
Michael's recent cases include:
- Pharmaceutical licensing
- Partnership (misapplication of the doctrine of repudiation) – on appeal
- Partnership (technical dissolution) – on appeal
- Transport & logistics
- Company law/director’s duties – recovery of £250,000 of misappropriated company funds
- Insolvency & directors – acting for insolvency practitioners on various claims for wrongful trading and breaches of directors’ duties
Articles by Michael