Nicky is an Associate in the Debt Recovery team and supports Rob Thompson and Graham Wallis in managing the team. She focuses on improving collections effectiveness, whilst remaining compliant with our regulatory obligations.
Nicky takes an active role in the on-going development of the team and works closely with members of the compliance and administration teams.
Nicky joined Brachers in 2000 as a school leaver, providing administrative support within the Debt Recovery team. Since then she has progressed steadily, moving first into a collections and customer facing role as a case handler and latterly a supervisory and mentoring role as Recoveries Manager within the team.
Nicky qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in February 2011 and has concentrated primarily on the collection of consumer credit regulated debts. She is solutions orientated and has had considerable influence in helping develop the team’s strategy for dealing with pre-litigation collections.
In 2013 Nicky assumed a management role supporting Rob Thompson and Graham Wallis in leading the team. She has focused particularly on improving collections effectiveness, whilst ensuring we remain compliant with our regulatory obligations to the FCA and SRA etc. Nicky is also the day to day contact for the customer facing executives and she takes an active role in the ongoing development of the team generally.
In May 2015 Nicky was promoted to Associate and she continues her efforts to help strengthen the team’s skills particularly in the pre-litigation stages. She is leading the on-going development of the enhancements to the training regime, working closely with the members of the Compliance and Administration teams.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Chartered Legal Executive
Some of Nicky Alabaster's recent case studies include:
- Instrumental in dealing with our key client’s main focus for 2017/2018 around milestone performance and account management. Each case must move through the collections lifecycle effectively and compliantly within set timeframes and deadlines and in accordance with agreed KPIs.
- Nicky implemented a procedure for enhanced oversight and management of payment plan approvals that has led to significant improvements in collections effectiveness and consistency of approach within the team, which has had a direct result in the increased and sustained performance the team are seeing.
- In 2015 Nicky introduced a more defined and improved call structure to the team that delivered on three key objectives:
- Reducing risk by combined the use of model language and the delivery of key information to meet compliance and regulatory requirements
- Meeting and maintaining minimum standards to achieve consistency and improved collections effectiveness as well as promoting “best practice” objectives and
- Ensuring the FCA treating customer fairly (TCF) values remained an integral and fundamental element of the customer experience