60 seconds with Sarah Hewitt
Sarah trained with Brachers and qualified into the Corporate & Commercial team in September 2015.
Sarah is experienced in advising on, negotiating and drafting a range of commercial agreements. She also regularly advises on data protection, intellectual property and competition law issues and has provided competition law training to a number of clients.
Sarah advises public sector bodies, large UK and multi-national businesses, SMEs, partnerships, sole traders and not for profit organisations. Sarah is also part of the Education team at Brachers and is experienced in advising schools on the commercial aspects of academy conversions and free school applications.
Prior to joining Brachers, Sarah studied law at the University of Exeter and following graduation she worked for three years as a Paralegal in London before completing the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law. Sarah passed the Legal Practice Course with a distinction.
Sarah specialises in:
- Commercial contracts (B2B and consumer)
- Corporate governance
- Intellectual Property
- Data protection
Sarah's recent cases include:
- Advising on and negotiating a number of high value commercial agreements relating to a waste to energy project.
- Advising on and negotiating a collaboration agreement between two regulatory organisations.
- Advising on and negotiating a multi-million pound ship repair agreement.
- Advising on an international sales licence agreement for a European travel company.
- Advising on an outsourcing agreement for a utility company.
- Advising on a distribution agreement for pharmaceutical products.
- Drafting bespoke website terms and conditions for a number of different online consumer facing businesses.
- Assisting with drafting various IT agreements (including website development, software licencing and SaaS agreements).
- Advising multiple further and higher education colleges on state aid issues arising from grant applications.
- Assisting a number of schools successfully convert to academy status.