Government consultation on a compulsory 3 year Assured Shorthold Tenancy
Sarah is a Partner in the Commercial Property team and heads up the Agricultural & Rural Team. She has a keen interest in the waste, recycling and energy sector, particularly renewables.
Sarah’s work involves advising on a full range of commercial and agricultural property matters including sales and purchases, options, overage, leases, Farm Business Tenancies and Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 Tenancies.
Sarah has particular expertise in land transactions involving trusts and pension funds. She has advised on the property aspects of complicated restructuring arrangements involving family trusts and partnerships.
She is known for her technical ability in dealing with complicated legal matters and is currently acting for landowners and farmers across Kent and Sussex on complex and valuable land transactions.
Sarah contributes regularly to a monthly column in South East Farmer magazine and has featured in other publications such as Kent Profile.
Sarah specialises in:
- Commercial property
- Agricultural property
- Agricultural tenancies
- Rural business property
- Sales and acquisitions
- Landlord and tenant
- Waste, recycling & energy
- Pension Fund property
- Overage agreements
- Options agreements
Qualifications and Memberships
- The Law Society
- The Country, Land and Business Association (CLA)
- Agricultural Law Association (ALA)
Sarah's recent cases incliude:
- Advising a family farming partnership on the restructuring of their land holding, including transfers of part, reservation of overage and transfer of existing overage, pre-emption agreements and dealing with funder requirements.
- Advising a national waste management company on property aspects of an asset purchase with consideration in excess of £2million.
- Acting on the sale of a substantial area of farmland for an undisclosed sum. The transaction involved a number of issues relating to rights of way and tenancies.
- Acting for landowners in relation to options and leases for solar farms.
- Acting for land owner on a promotion agreement.
- Advising a tenant farmer on AHA tenancy and surrender of part.
Articles by Sarah