Mills v Mills – Supreme Court ruling against an increase of spousal maintenance
Sophie is a Senior Associate specialising in family law, including financial proceedings as well as Children Act proceedings and works closely with other team members.
Sophie joined Brachers in 2013. She is an Senior Associate Solicitor who deals with a full spectrum of family work. She has a wealth of knowledge in divorce, financial issues arising from relationship breakdown and complicated children cases, including international relocation. She is an experienced advocate who adopts a professional approach to her work and focusses on dealing with family matters in a constructive and conciliatory way.
Sophie also acts for the RSPCA in prosecuting animal welfare cases.
Sophie Read Law at the University of Kent and went on to complete the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, London in 2007. She qualified as a solicitor in 2010.
Sophie specialises in:
- Financial proceedings - including mid to high net worth
- Private children matters including contact disputes, living arrangements and international relocation cases
- Cohabitation/Separation agreements and disputes
- Pre and post nuptial agreements
Qualifications and Memberships
- Resolution (Committee member for Kent Resolution)
- Kent Young Resolution (Vice Chair committee member)
- The Law Society
Articles by Sophie