The ‘advantage’ of having a loyalty card when you die
Stacey joined Brachers in 1996. She began working in the Private Client team in 2000 and qualified as a paralegal in October 2015. She is a member of the Probate team assisting clients with the administration of estates. Stacey is currently studying towards a CLT Specialist Paralegal Qualification in Wills, Probate & Estate Administration.
Stacey undertakes a variety of private client work and deals with clients in a sympathetic and understanding way. Clients often seek advice from her in difficult circumstances and because of this she employs a sensitive approach to her work. Stacey is able to explain things in the best possible way to help clients with their understanding of the probate administration process.
Stacey specialises in:
- Grants of Probate and letters of administration
- Estate administration
- Rules of intestacy
- Inheritance tax returns
- Estate accounts.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Associate Member of the Institute of Paralegals (2019)
- CILEx level 2 certificate in Legal Studies (2015)
- CLT level 6 specialist qualification in Wills, Probate and Administration (2019)
- Dementia Friend (2019)
- Member of Kent Law Society (2020)
- Tier 2 member of the Professional Paralegal Register
Stacey's recent cases include:
- Assisting in an estate where the executors have appointed an attorney to act in their capacity as executor.
- Administering an estate where the assets pass into a life interest trust for the deceased’s spouse.
- Assisting in an estate where an original will was missing and drafting an affidavit to prove a photocopy of the will.
- Assisting in obtaining a grant of probate in an insolvent estate where there were no assets.
- Assisting in an estate under the rules of intestacy where the deceased died without leaving a will involving the estate passing to twenty five beneficiaries some of whom are unknown and are living overseas.
- Assisting in an estate where the deceased’s will was inadvertently destroyed after the testator’s death.
Articles by Stacey