Compliance Manager – Fixed term cover (maternity cover)
We are currently recruiting for an individual to join our Collections & Recoveries team, as a Compliance Manager, which is a key role mainly focused on internal and external quality control. This role will be on a fixed term basis for 12 months to cover a period of maternity leave, a full-time opportunity, working 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, based in Maidstone, Kent.
Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality and value to clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
What we are looking for
This role would ideally suit someone with experience managing a Compliance function within a financial services environment. You should be self-motivated and demonstrate a positive attitude towards work and enjoy working as part of and leading a small team.
You must have great communication skills and be able to build relationships with colleagues and clients to promote a professional business image. You must be comfortable delivering presentations, training and constructive feedback both face to face and in a virtual environment.
You should enjoy working to and developing processes whilst also being solutions focused with a great eye for detail to ensure a high standard of work is delivered.
Overseeing and leading the Team’s compliance program to ensure the department, employees and projects comply with all relevant regulations and specifications. This includes legal and quality assurance standards; ethical policies; reviewing and evaluating compliance issues/concerns within the department; ensuring compliance with rules and regulations and that relevant policies and procedures are being followed.
Working closely with senior leadership and the firm’s Risk and Compliance and Data Protection teams, this role is responsible for leading departmental compliance and audit activity, including complaint handling; call monitoring and learning and development within the team. Advising and guiding on matters relating to compliance, complaints and audit; coordinates the management of department policies, procedures and the roll out of training programs, materials, letters and documents etc, including reviews, updates and version control.
- Leads and manages the day-to-day operation of the Compliance department dealing with various compliance and audit related tasks within the Collections and Recoveries team.
- Initiates, develops and maintains policies and procedures to avoid or prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct and behaviour.
- Develops and maintains the Operations Manual to ensure compliant, ethical and effective collections strategies are developed, tested and deployed.
- Leads the Compliance Team in managing complaints, ensuring timely investigation, resolution and remediation.
- Ensures call listening is conducted regularly and feedback is provided on a timely basis.
- Keeps up to date with relevant compliance and audit initiatives, directives and changes as they apply to the department and its activities.
- Monitors and identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability, trends and risk.
- Develops/implements corrective action plans to resolve issues and provides guidance to mitigate further issues.
- Oversees regulatory compliance reporting and filing obligations, producing reports on a regular basis.
- Designs, develops and coordinates compliance training programmes and communication tools to maintain compliance requirements, with input from Partners, Team Leaders and colleagues.
- Delivers training to new employees and maintains ongoing training and education for all employees and managers.
- Manages protocols and guidelines to ensure client service standards are maintained and ensures regular communication/reminders are issued to the team.
- Establishes and implements self-audit and compliance monitoring programs.
- Interacts with external regulatory and client auditors, including liaising with all relevant stakeholders, assessing findings and developing and implementing appropriate action.
- Assists with holiday cover and absence including carrying out tasks as and when required by the partner/team leaders/line manager in charge of the team.
- Provides compliance related advice and guidance to the department.
Are you the right person?
The role would suit someone who is work and goal orientated. Articulate, with good communication skills. Is resilient, flexible and adaptable and possesses an excellent attitude towards the team in order to achieve a positive result. Self-motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking with good interpersonal skills.
You should be familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel and be able to create reports and spreadsheets.
The ability to work under pressure whilst structuring and prioritising your work effectively to meet deadlines and avoid backlogs is essential. You must have a good eye for detail and a high level of accuracy. You should be proactive and be able to identify potential risks and issues and develop appropriate action plans for remediation.
Due to the nature of the work, you must recognise and appreciates the need to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality with regard to information security and data privacy. Experience and understanding of regulatory and client led requirements to ensure that accounts are handled compliantly would be an advantage.
Finally you must be able to demonstrate good customer service skills to support Brachers vision, values and culture.
What can we offer you?
We offer a friendly and welcoming environment and whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, pension, up to 26 days holiday per year, life assurance, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection, staff discounts, social events and much more. Our employees also benefit from a discretionary annual bonus scheme.
How to apply
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you, please send:
- Your current CV
- A covering e-mail stating your salary expectations and current notice period
- To email@example.com
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please note, we are not currently accepting applications for this role from agencies. Speculative candidates submitted through agencies will not be considered.
APPLY NOW - no agencies please
More Current Vacancies