Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality and value to clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
What we are looking for
If you are a self-motivated person who is able to demonstrate a positive attitude towards your work and enjoy working as part of a team to achieve goals and targets, this may be the right role for you. Great communication skills are also essential, as a large part of your day will be spent on the telephone talking to people. You will have an inquisitive mind and take a flexible attitude toward resolving problems to a successful conclusion. Finally, you will be able to consistently follow procedure and have a great eye for detail to ensure a high standard of work is delivered.
If successful, you will embark on a robust learning and development plan to ensure you are able to deliver outstanding client service and add value to the team. There is a strong support structure within the team so there will always be someone on hand to guide you in the right direction.
The team operates between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, therefore you would be required to follow a shift pattern 8am to 4pm and 10am to 6pm on alternate weeks. We would also be willing to consider applications from candidates unable to work on a full-time basis.
This is an interesting but demanding role which requires you to:
- take ownership and responsibility of debt recovery cases
- research and analyse cases in order to decide the best course of action
- produce and check outgoing letters and documents
- undertake telephone collections
- engage with debtors to find constructive solutions
- deliver tangible results within agreed timeframes
- adhere to regulatory requirements to ensure that collections are maximised but within compliant framework
- actively contribute to team and routine case review meetings
Are you the right person?
The role would suit a proactive self-starter who works well under pressure, learns quickly and can prioritise their workload, taking initiative when required. This is a great opportunity to join a friendly but hard working team who apply a ‘can do’ approach to their daily work. We always welcome applications from likeminded people.
We are happy to hear from people who believe they have the above qualities whether they have previous experience in a similar environment, someone wishing to make a career change perhaps from a retail background or someone venturing into their first professional job from school, college or university. To be considered for the role you would need to demonstrate minimum academic achievements of at least 5 GCSE’s A* – C (including English and Mathematics), further qualifications are desirable.
What we can offer you
Brachers LLP offers a friendly and welcoming environment. Whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow.
In return we can offer a good remuneration and benefits package which includes:
- a salary of £22,000 per annum reviewed annually
- additional payments under our performance related incentive scheme based on key performance indictors and targets – paid quarterly
- 26 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and an additional day at Christmas
- Private Medical Insurance
- staff discounts platform
- life assurance
- income protection
- social events
How to apply
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you, please send:
- Your current CV
- A covering e-mail stating your salary expectations and current notice period
- To email@example.com
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please note, we are not currently accepting applications for this role from agencies. Speculative candidates submitted through agencies will not be considered.
APPLY NOW - no agencies please
More Current Vacancies