HR & Recruitment Co-Ordinator
This is a great opportunity to join our expanding in-house Human Resources (HR) team as a HR & Recruitment Co-Ordinator. This is a full-time opportunity working 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, based in Maidstone, Kent. Hybrid working is available.
This is a new, challenging and rewarding HR generalist role with a strong emphasis on recruitment and learning and development either from experience or a keen interest to develop yourself and others.
Great teamwork and collaboration with colleagues is essential to understand the needs of individual teams and the wider business. Under the direction of the HR Manager, you will be responsible for attracting, recruiting and onboarding new employees to the firm along with assisting with implementing and maintaining a learning and development programme to ensure the workforce has appropriate skills and development opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with hiring managers to understand their resourcing needs and obtaining approval to hire from the Executive Board
- Drafting Job Descriptions/Person Specifications
- Applying appropriate recruitment methods such as LinkedIn, job boards, agencies and social media to source and attract talent ensuring the relevant criteria is met
- Negotiating terms of business with agencies and head-hunters to maintain a PSL
- Reviewing and responding to all applications received
- Designing competency based assessments to use during the interview process
- Administering any recruitment assessments such as psychometric, capability tests and providing feedback to interviewers to assist with questions to be asked at interview
- Conducting first round interviews for all positions below Associate Level
- Providing timely feedback to all candidates during the process
- Organising trainee interview days including designing and implementing assessments
Learning and Development
- Assisting with the implementation of a core learning and development programme to cover regulatory and technical training, employee development and career planning
- Scheduling and coordinating training across the business
- Raising the profile of learning and development initiatives by utilising the online learning platforms to improve communication and engagement campaigns
- Liaising with external training providers in relation to general training, Apprenticeship, PSC and the SQE
- Working with the HR Administrator to ensure all employee training records are maintained
- Reviewing all employee Performance Reviews to identify training requirements and undertake a skills gap analysis to suggest areas where skills can be improved
- Overseeing trainee seat changes
- Assisting supervisors in managing trainee / apprentice performance to ensure they are fulfilling the requirements of their training
Work Experience Candidates
- Ensure website is advertising current practices
- Liaise with schools/colleges/ other institutions
- Review and respond to applications received
- Organise interviews and placements
- Collate feedback from the individual placed and those supervising
- Ensure all data held is in compliance with GDPR requirements
- Attend careers fairs and build relationships with universities
- Feedback to the HR team on any training and development needs
- Oversee appropriate pre-employment screening
- Compile recruitment statistics and KPI’s
- Working with the HR Administrator to ensure all recruitment administration is carried out accurately and in a timely manner
- Identify areas for improvement, gather evidence and offer possible solutions
Are you the right person?
This position will suit someone with a minimum of 12 months experience in recruitment, ideally with some in-house experience. You need to be passionate about the Firm’s culture and values to ensure you identify the best candidates for recruitment in terms of ability, cultural fit and engagement.
You must be:
- confident and able to build relationships with internal hiring managers / partners
- demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high energy, motivation, drive and professionalism with enthusiasm to deliver excellent results in timely manner
- highly organised and have excellent task management skills with demonstrable experience of managing multiple roles
- computer literate with experience working with Microsoft 365 and Excel expertise
- accurate with excellent attention to detail and an ability to identify and communicate errors quickly
- a team player with an excellent attitude to enable you to contribute towards the success of a team
- disciplined, self-motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking and show initiative when required
What we can offer you:
Brachers LLP offers a friendly and welcoming environment. Whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, pension, 23 days holiday per year, plus an additional day at Christmas, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection, staff discounts, social events and much more. Our employees also benefit from a discretionary annual bonus scheme.
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you, please send your current CV with a covering e-mail stating your salary expectations and current notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please note, we are not currently accepting applications for this role from agencies. Speculative candidates submitted through agencies will not be considered.
APPLY NOW - no agencies please
More Current Vacancies