Junior 1st Line IT Support
We are looking for someone to join our busy in-house IT team in a Junior 1st Line IT Support role reporting directly to the Applications & Desktop Lead. Candidates must be available to cover different working patterns between the hours of 8am – 6pm, Monday to Friday, to ensure appropriate support is provided across the firm. Whilst some hybrid working is available, due to the nature of the role, candidates will be required to attend our offices in Maidstone, Kent as required to meet business needs, along with flexibility to provide out of hours support, subject to pre-agreement.
Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality and value to clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence. The firm has recently made a significant financial investment to modernise its IT infrastructure.
What we are looking for
The role will provide applications and desktop support to all areas of the business whilst also providing exceptional client care. Key attributes are excellent IT competency, troubleshooting skills, the ability to step through problems in a thorough and thoughtful way, and eagerness to explore and learn new systems and processes.
This role will have significant exposure to the traditional & modern Microsoft Stack, cloud-based applications, Network Administration, SharePoint, Power BI and Azure.
- 1st line support
- Deliver 1st line application and desktop support to business users ensuring adherence to SLA’s and providing optimal service to our staff
- Providing knowledge to business users through cause analysis, and future guidance so the business users gain knowledge
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge base for the IT Team
- Supplying “boots on the ground” user facing support
- Knowledge and Training
- As guided, deliver a regular schedule of “end user” training to develop core skills of the firm users (Lawyers/Secretaries etc), enabling them to troubleshoot and self-serve to an ever-greater extent
- Deliver training programmes around business user “regular” issues
- Be “user” subject matter experts to support new user application project go lives; to be the face of IT supporting user adoption
- Creating, disabling, and modifying users/groups in the following systems:
- Microsoft 365 & Active Directory
- Legal specific applications, both on-premise and in the Cloud
- Managing the Windows 10 desktop estate
- Building, deploying and redeploying devices
- Working closely with other team members
- Regular knowledge sharing exercises
- Advising on current and future policy decisions
- Covering tasks of other team members due to absences
Are you the right person?
Our IT systems are currently going through a significant period of change in terms of software and infrastructure. Therefore, the role requires a quick learner who can adapt and is receptive to change. You should also be a confident problem solver who is comfortable making suggestions as to how our processes can be improved.
The ideal candidate will have approximately 1 years’ experience in a 1st line support role and be willing to learn and expand their IT knowledge from our experienced team. Experience gained from professional services, particularly a law firm, is desirable.
You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and be comfortable building relationships and providing IT support to people at various levels across the business and IT ability, across the business. You will be well organised and able to prioritise your workload in this busy role. You should be a team player who is flexible to meet the needs of the team and the business. The role would suit a proactive self-starter who works well under pressure, learns quickly and can prioritise their workload, using their initiative when required.
Due to the nature of the work, you will need to understand and demonstrate discretion and confidentiality in your work.
What can we offer you?
Brachers LLP offers a friendly and welcoming environment. Whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, pension, 23 days holiday per year, plus an additional day at Christmas, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection, staff discounts, social events and much more. Our employees also benefit from a discretionary annual bonus scheme.
How to apply
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you, please send:
- Your current CV
- A covering e-mail stating your salary expectations and current notice period
- To email@example.com
- This advert will close by the close of business on 30 July 2021.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
More Current Vacancies