Level 3 Business Administration Apprentice / Junior Secretary
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join us as a Level 3 Business Administration Apprentice, 18 month contract. This role will be based in our office in Maidstone. Due to the nature of this role, home working is not available, therefore, candidates must be available to work in the office, full time, Monday to Friday.
This role will provide administrative support to our Maidstone office which will include front of house reception cover and legal secretarial duties supporting fee earners and other secretaries across the firm. Due to the level of the role, previous experience is not required as long as you have the right attitude and temperament to develop with us, full supervision, training and development opportunities will be provided. The successful candidate will deliver excellent client service and consistent contribution to the profitability of the Team and Firm.
Key tasks and responsibilities will consist of, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the first point of contact for clients/visitors to the Maidstone office and also over the phone
- Attending to client needs to ensure excellent client service is provided
- Answering telephone calls and emails from clients and colleagues in a timely and professional manner
- Corresponding with clients as necessary through telephone, email, letter and face to face
- Organising and booking meeting rooms and ensuring they are set up with the required facilities, equipment and refreshments
- Liaising with clients in person, by telephone and e-mail including taking and passing on messages in a timely manner
- Processing incoming/outgoing post
- Photocopying and scanning
- Preparing correspondence and other written communications from manuscript or digital dictation
- File opening, closing and archiving
- Ensuring all files and filing is kept up-to-date
- Accessing and updating files using our case management system
- Maintaining accurate client details in our CRM system
- Assisting with holiday cover, where required
- Assisting and supporting all members of the team
- Being a fully integrated and dependable member of the team and wider firm
- Working closely with other members of the team to ensure that work is completed accurately, effectively and efficiently
- Attending team, partnership and training meetings as required
- Undertaking any other reasonable tasks, duties or requests as and when required by the team or the wider partnership
Are you the right person?
The ideal candidate will be educated up to A Level (or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 GCSE’s graded 9-4 (A*-C or equivalent qualification) including English and Maths. You will have strong IT skills including the Microsoft Office package but specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and be able to learn new systems and processes quickly.
You will need to demonstrate high attention detail and have a desire to complete your work to a high standard. As this is a front of house role, you must be well presented and be a confident communicator both over the phone and in person. Additionally, strong written communication skills are essential as you will be required to respond to clients and colleagues through emails and letters.
As this role is the first point of contact for the Canterbury office you will need to be punctual and reliable and a real team player who is willing to be flexible to meet the needs of the team/firm. Due to the nature or our work you must also be able to appreciate the need for discretion and confidentiality.
Overall, if you are a confident, friendly and ambitious individual with a desire to gain valuable experience in a professional environment we would like to hear from you.
What we can offer you
Brachers LLP offers a friendly and welcoming environment. Whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow.
You will be offered a competitive salary, pension, 23 days holiday per year, life assurance, private medical insurance, group income protection, staff discounts, social events and much more. Our employees also benefit from a discretionary annual bonus scheme.
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
More Current Vacancies