Litigation Secretary / Administrator
Who we are
Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality and value to clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a self-motivated person who approaches work with a positive attitude and enjoys working as part of a team to achieve goals. In addition, if you have strong secretarial and administration skills gained within a litigation or legal environment this could be the role for you.
A legal background is not an absolute requirement as training will be provided, and we would be happy to consider candidates with the right attitude and temperament to learn.
All of our legal teams have their own secretarial support which is fundamental to the success of the team. This particular role will consist of secretarial and administration tasks, involving:
- Preparing correspondence and other written communications, word processing and typing from manuscript or audio dictation
- Liaising with clients in person, by telephone and email, including taking messages
- Arranging appointments and booking rooms for meetings
- Maintaining accurate, individual time records using CMS in accordance with the firm’s procedures
- Attending team, partnership and training meetings as required
- Assisting with holiday cover both within the team and, if necessary, to other teams and departments
- Assisting and supporting all members of the team
- Data inputting
- Providing updates by way of a reporting system to clients as requested
- Ensuring all files are kept up-to-date and that filing is done regularly
- Undertaking file opening and closing activities
- Ensuring regular archiving of files
- Undertaking any other reasonable tasks, duties or requests as and when required by the team or the wider partnership
Are you the right person?
The role would suit an enthusiastic person who can demonstrate they are a team player and who is willing to be flexible to contribute to the success of the team.
You must be organised and able to manage and prioritise your daily workload effectively to ensure the team is supported appropriately.
Excellent customer service is expected across all roles, therefore, you will be required to consistently follow procedure and have a keen eye for detail to ensure a high standard of work is delivered. You will also need to be comfortable working under pressure and be able to use your initiative when required.
You will often be first point of contact for clients, therefore you must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills on the telephone and face to face. Additionally, experience using a case management system and digital dictation would be advantageous as this forms a large part of the role.
You must also be comfortable working with numbers, have strong numeracy skills and be able to understand financial ledgers.
Due to the nature of the work, you should have an appreciation of the need for discretion and confidentiality.
What we can offer you
We offer a friendly and welcoming environment. Whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we provide everyone with the opportunity to train, develop and grow, alongside a competitive salary and great benefits package including:
- 23 days’ annual leave, increasing by one day with each year of service, up to 26 days
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Group income replacement scheme
- Staff discounts
- Regular social events
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV with a covering email stating your salary expectations and notice period, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
APPLY NOW - no agencies please
More Current Vacancies