An award-winning law firm, based in Maidstone and Canterbury, is looking to recruit an experienced Marketing Executive.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Marketing and Business Development team who deliver a broad mix of marketing and business development activity across the firm.
The role will include leading on a range of external communications initiatives including press releases, written web content, legal directory submissions and awards entries, as well as overseeing marketing activity with external events and exhibitions. The role involves working closely with senior stakeholders from across the firm. The ideal candidate will possess strong and creative writing skills and previous solid experience in marketing communications roles. They will bring outstanding writing, editing and grammar skills to their work and be a strong verbal communicator and critical thinker.
They will also possess excellent organisational and project management skills and the ability to multi-task on multiple projects.
The firm is supportive of hybrid working and the successful candidate can be based in Maidstone or Canterbury. The Marketing Executive will have support of the wider marketing & BD team, with access to the Marketing Co-ordinator. They will act as a mentor and serve as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
The role would suit a candidate who is keen to add value and be part of a supportive and creative team. We offer flexibility in terms of working location, encourage learning and development opportunities, and the successful candidate will really get a chance to shape the role and make it their own.
Communications & campaigns
- Develop and deliver marketing communications to include articles, client stories, advertising, sponsorship and newsletters.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and the ability to distil sometimes complex legal topics into accessible, easy-to-read language for content for the firm’s website, including adopting SEO principles.
- Maintain relationships with and project manage briefs with external designers and suppliers to ensure the production of high quality and engaging marketing and promotional collateral. Confident with InDesign to edit collateral would be useful (training can be provided if no experience).
- Responsible for acting as brand ambassador for the firm, ensuring all external communications are in line with brand guidelines and tone of voice. Advising colleagues on the importance of adhering to the Brachers brand and how to implement our messaging and tone of voice in their communications.
- Work with partners and the wider marketing team to develop client focused marketing campaigns to target new work and foster existing client relationships.
- Develop communication plans and feed into team strategy plans to ensure successful delivery and ROI.
- Support the development of Intapp CRM, with a particular focus to support the team in delivering events and campaigns (training to be provided).
- Provide sector insights to drive the value-added proposition.
Awards & recognition
- Take ownership of all elements of legal directory (Chambers and Legal 500) submissions. As well as communicating internally to relevant stakeholders involved in the process, this includes supporting with drafting and editing of submissions through to approval and final submission, internal reporting, supporting with lawyer interviews, and tracking, analysing and reporting results internally and externally as required. Drafting and submitting various legal awards submission for individual, practice-specific, and firm accolades.
Pitches and presentations
- Support with the drafting and reviewing of pitches and presentations as well as developing collateral that helps evidence experience where required.
- Responsible for liaising with lawyers to obtain relevant information, generating and reviewing responses and proofreading.
PR & media
- Draft, seek relevant lawyer approval and issue all news releases and follow up (including circulating coverage). Manage media list.
- Create and maintain relevant forward features lists and pitching the firm’s expertise in a timely manner.
- Pitching individual lawyers to relevant sector press as expert commentators, preparing briefing notes for partners.
- Occasional media liaison required.
- Overseeing marketing activity with external events and exhibitions, and to manage our presence at these events. Working closely with the Marketing Co-ordinator and Business Development Manager to ensure they deliver a good return on investment in line with team objectives.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- 5+ years of experience in a Marketing Executive (or similar level) role.
- Demonstrable experience of advising and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Proven collaborative working style.
- Communications/ marketing experience.
- Willingness to work in an advisory capacity, undertaking research to come up with new ideas.
- Comfortable working with digital tools such as email marketing software, CMS systems and Office 365.
- Photoshop and InDesign experience would be useful but not essential.
- University degree or relevant experience in a marketing role (CIM desirable).
- Understand importance of branding and marketing communication strategies.
- Resourceful, flexible and responsive in dealing with people.
- Trustworthy with sensitive and confidential information.
- Able to quickly establish good working relationships and promote best practice across all offices and at all levels.
What we can offer you
Brachers LLP offers a friendly and welcoming environment. Whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, pension, 26 days holiday per year, plus an additional day at Christmas, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection, staff discounts, social events and much more. Our employees also benefit from a discretionary annual bonus scheme.
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you, please send your current CV with a covering e-mail stating your salary expectations and current notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please note, we are not currently accepting applications for this role from agencies. Speculative candidates submitted through agencies will not be considered.
APPLY NOW - no agencies please
More Current Vacancies