We are looking for Secretaries to join Brachers based at our offices in Maidstone, Kent, full time, Monday – Friday.
Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality and value to clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
Our secretaries provide full secretarial and administration support to fee earners within their designated team and we currently have opportunities across various practice areas. We would be happy to consider applications from experienced legal Secretaries although this is not essential providing you have the right attitude, temperament and enthusiasm to learn the role.
Successful candidates will efficiently use the case management system as part of their daily work to ensure the delivery of excellent client service and consistent contribution to the profitability of the team.
- Preparing correspondence and other written communications, word processing and typing from manuscript or audio / digital dictation
- Ensuring all files are kept up-to-date and that filing is done regularly
- Undertaking file opening and closing activities
- Ensuring regular archiving of files
- Liaising with clients in person, by telephone and e-mail including taking messages
- Arranging appointments and booking rooms for meetings
- Diary management for allocated fee earners
- Maintaining accurate, individual time records using CMS in accordance with the firm’s procedures
- Assisting with billing
- Attending team, partnership and training meetings as required
- Assisting with holiday cover both within the team and, if necessary, to other teams and departments
- Assisting and support all members of the team
- Undertaking any other reasonable tasks, duties or requests as and when required by the team or the wider partnership
Are you the right person?
Ideal candidates will have strong secretarial skills, gained within the legal environment and should hold their CILEx Level 3 Secretarial certificate, although this is not an absolute requirement. As a minimum, you will need to have a good education with a minimum of 5 GCSE’s A*-C (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
You must be highly organised with a good understanding of Microsoft Office and be able to work well under pressure and demonstrate initiative when required. It is important that you have strong numeracy skills and the ability to understand financial ledgers.
You must be a team player and have the flexibility to support the team to succeed. You will also need to demonstrate excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with a professional telephone manner with a high attention to detail.
Due to the nature of the work each team is involved in, you will need to understand and demonstrate discretion and confidentiality in your work.
What we can offer you
In return, we can offer you an excellent holiday package, a competitive salary, a genuine work/life balance with hybrid working and an exciting place to work. Additionally, we offer training and personal development opportunities, alongside a competitive salary and great benefits package including:
- 23 days annual leave – increasing by 1 day per year up to 26 days
- discretionary bonus scheme
- private medical insurance
- life assurance
- group income replacement scheme
- staff discounts; and
- regular social events
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV together with a covering message detailing your salary expectations and your current notice period via the web form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please note, we are not currently accepting applications for this role from agencies. Speculative candidates submitted through agencies will not be considered.
APPLY NOW - no agencies please
More Current Vacancies