Senior Property Litigation Solicitor
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Property Litigation Solicitor to join our Litigation team based at our offices in Maidstone, Kent.
Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality service and value to our clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
Are you the right person?
The ideal candidate will be a Senior Solicitor looking for a fresh challenge and looking to secure their next step in their career. We would expect you to have a minimum of 6 years post qualified experience.
In addition to handling your own caseload, you will provide day to day supervision to other members in the team. As a senior member of the team, you will play a key role in property litigation development initiatives. You will also be able to demonstrate keen commercial acumen and understand the need to provide ‘added value’ to the firms’ litigation clients.
Ideally you will have the following experience and skillset:
- Previous experience working in a property litigation role at a Senior level
- Able to manage your clients matter to successful conclusion by reference to their objectives and financial expectations
- Experience of supervising and motivating direct reports is desirable
- Ability to translate complex legal matters into practical workable solutions for our clients
- Excellent track record of business development and client relationship management
- Able to gain credibility across the organisation quickly
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a senior team
- Able to think strategically in setting direction and following through to delivery
- Able to prioritise own workload and the work of others to ensure the delivery of excellent clients services
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to deliver results
It would be expected that you have a good level of confidence and experience when dealing with:
- commercial landlord and tenant issues including contested lease renewals, break notices, repair and dilapidations, forfeiture and enforcement of lease provisions;
- residential landlord and tenant issues including possession claims, arrears, nuisance and enforcement of tenancy provisions;
- real property issues including ownership disputes, boundaries, rights of way, nuisance, trespass, enforcement of covenants;
- agricultural and rural land issues including farm business tenancies and occupancies (desirable);
- residential leasehold issues including lease enfranchisement, enforcement, service charge disputes, major work issues and consultations (desirable);
- cases in the High Court, County Court, Tribunals and Land Registry.
What we can offer you
We offer a friendly and welcoming environment and whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, pension, up to 26 days holiday per year, life assurance, private medical insurance, group income protection, staff discounts, social events and much more. Our employees also benefit from a discretionary annual bonus scheme.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV with a covering e-mail stating your salary expectations and notice period, to email@example.com.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please note, we are not currently accepting applications for this role from agencies. Speculative candidates submitted through agencies will not be considered.
More Current Vacancies