Solicitor – Commercial, Project Development and General Commercial
Are you a commercial solicitor looking for a new opportunity?
Our exceptionally innovative, dynamic and friendly Commercial practice based in Maidstone, Kent is looking to expand its team to help service its growing client-base. We are looking for commercial solicitors of 5+ years PQE.
This is an opportunity to join an established and dynamic corporate and commercial team with a reputation for delivering outstanding client service. They work with a broad range of companies both locally, nationally and internationally with a particular strong reputation in the sustainable/renewable energy and technology sectors. This is an opportunity to undertake cutting-edge City quality work with a regional-feel work life balance/ethos.
We have an unbeatable culture, with an open door policy and all of our Partners are approachable, and deal with industry leading work across the board, both nationally and internationally. This is demonstrated by the fact that our commercial team is led by Partners who have joined us from predominant London firms who regularly work opposite some of the UK’s largest firms.
We would expect anyone wishing to be considered for these roles to have an interest in specialising primarily in commercial contracts, including industrial projects (such as energy, infrastructure and manufacturing).
Ideally the candidates will have experience in the following:
- Commodity sale, purchases, supply and distribution arrangements
- Construction and operation documentation
- Shareholder/consortium arrangements
- Share / asset sale and purchase agreements
Some experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Finance (debt and security) documentation
- Intellectual property
Additionally we would expect candidates to:
- Be able to work in a fast moving environment.
- Manage client matters to a successful conclusion by reference to their objectives and financial expectations.
- Demonstrate a keen commercial acumen and understand the need to provide ‘added value’ to clients.
- Possess a proven track record of meeting or exceeding agreed targets and goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and effectively manage workloads to deliver an outstanding service.
- Have experience and enthusiasm in active participation in marketing and business development activities.
- Be self-motivated with drive and determination to deliver results as part of a small but growing team.
What we can offer you
We offer a friendly and welcoming environment and whilst we expect our people to work hard, we also want them to enjoy their work and establish successful careers with us. Therefore, we offer everyone the opportunity to train, develop and grow as well as a very competitive reward package.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary along with a great benefits package including pension, up to 26 days annual holiday, life assurance, private medical insurance, income replacement scheme, staff discounts, social events etc, along with the opportunity to undertake good quality work and develop your career within a highly reputable legal practice.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV with a covering email, stating your salary expectations and notice period, to email@example.com.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Email your CV to our HR team
More Current Vacancies