Education Matters Autumn Newsletter
Working together in the Education Sector
Brachers is proud of the specialist expertise we have built in the education sector and are privileged to have supported many different educational establishments through times of change, innovation and opportunity.
We understand the complex interplay of education law and best practice, providing practical, commercial advice in a straightforward and approachable way. Our team of experts work collaboratively to support schools, colleges, universities, academies and MATs and span areas of expertise such as property, human resources, corporate, commercial and regulatory. We can advise on a range of topics including:
- Aiding the smooth transition from national school to acedemy or free school
- The development of new educational premises or expansion and refurbishment projects
- Helping schools and academies to comply with data protection laws
- The structure of educational governing boards and the compliance of these
- School admissions and appeal process such as appeals against child exclusion
- Support with complaints from ensuring a comprehensive complaints procedure is set up and followed and advice on related issues such as child safeguarding, bullying or special educational needs
- Procurement agreements and disputes
- Issues relating to areas of the school premises that may be leased or confined to covenants or shared use
- All legal aspects of employing, managing and exiting of educational and operational staff
How we add value
We take the time to get to know your establishment, working in collaboration, which in turn enables us to provide you with strategic and effective tactics suitable to your organisation. Working closely together, we can advise, train and guide you through complex legal matters. We deliver added-value solutions that will help protect your establishment and support your needs so that you can focus on your primary objective; education. As a Brachers client, you will have access to our free forums, seminars and training courses, which are suitable for business managers, bursars, trustees, governors and Senior Leaders and deliver valuable information and practical solutions to make sure you stay ahead of changes in your sector.
Many of our education team are also school governors, giving us in-depth sector knowledge which enables us to deliver enhanced legal support that meets our clients needs. This also means we have a detailed understanding of the specific challenges that educational establishments face on the ground, as well as appreciating the key role of governance and challenges that governors can face, knowledge that informs our work and enables us to deliver more valuable legal and business advice.
Download files for this service
- The Team
- News & Events
Education Matters newsletter Summer 2019
Education Matters Newsletter Spring 2019
Education Matters Newsletter Winter 2018
Faith schools and Religious Discrimination
No knowledge blocks have been added to this entry