We have a wealth of industry knowledge and provide a full construction law service.
Our Construction team boasts a wealth of knowledge of construction law and the industry. This enables us to provide an expert client-focused service.
How we can help
We provide a full construction law service for clients and understand the requirements of the range of parties involved in the construction process, including banks, developers, employers, consultants and insurers.
We can help you structure your contractual arrangements to reflect your aims and the requirements of your project, using either bespoke or standard forms, and taking care to reflect your risk profile.
We also advise developers and construction companies facing regulatory action from the Health and Safety Executive, the Environment Agency and local authorities.
Our experience and expertise
Our team of lawyers have significant experience gained in large City firms which means we can offer a first-class service and expertise, but without the City fees. Our fee structure is flexible, cost effective and tailored to your requirements.
We have specific sector-based expertise gained as a result of our ongoing involvement with industries including healthcare, farming, care, education, charities, construction, manufacturing, waste and transport.
Our service runs from project inception to completion, including:
- Construction and engineering contracts and documentation
- Securing land and plot purchase
- Financing for construction projects and related property acquisitions
- Dispute avoidance and dispute resolution, including disputes arising through construction phase
- Health and safety investigations and prosecutions
- Town and country planning
- Environmental issues
- Land Registry work
Examples of recent construction projects we have supported
- Advising a major European developer on various construction contracts in connection with a waste-to-fuel facility in the UK
- Advising a major European construction company on contracts for the manufacture, supply, installation and commissioning of lifting equipment in connection with two nuclear power projects in the UK
- Providing advice to a number of UK contractors on claims or potential claims under existing construction contracts, including in connection with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Ongoing advice to a Kent school on a significant on-site expansion to be funded and procured by the KCC
- Advice to a German fabrication and construction company on a wide range of construction contracts, collateral warranties and related issues
- Advice to a UK-based contractor on a wide range of JCT Contracts and various related disputes including in respect of performance bonding and defects liability
- Site acquisition, site assembly and plot sales for numerous Kent-based developers
- Advising a Kent-based multi-academy Trust on its construction arrangements for expansion of the school within the Trust
- Help To Buy agreements
- Contract for Sale to Housing Associations supported by development agreements, incorporating golden brick arrangements
- All forms of planning agreements including S106 Agreements, S38 Agreements, and S278 Agreements
- Bank funding for site acquisition and development funding
- Involvement in major developments for key sites in Kent including 200 acres for residential development and a 450 unit site on the Isle of Sheppey
- We recently acted for a construction company and one of its directors when both were prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive for offences under the Health and Safety at Work Act
Avoiding and dealing with disputes
We help avoid disputes by providing commercial advice from the start. Where they are unavoidable, we thoroughly understand the construction industry and can work alongside you to resolve them, utilising the most practical and cost effective means.
Where a dispute cannot be resolved by negotiation, we are highly experienced at representing our clients in all forms of dispute resolution including adjudication, arbitration, court proceedings, mediation and expert determination.
We will advise you on the best form of dispute resolution for your particular situation and give you comprehensive assistance with the preparation of all types of claim.
Find out more about how we can support you with a construction dispute.
Key Contacts - Construction Law:
Meet the Team:
Chambers High Net Worth Guide
The empathy and reassurance provided during proceedings was of a highly personal nature.
Chambers High Net Worth Guide
They have a very friendly and personal style. They are always professional, helpful and available.
I was well informed throughout, his advice was excellent