Agriculture and Rural Law
Employment Law in Rural Business
We have a long experience of working with agricultural and rural businesses and specialise in agricultural employment law issues.
Employment law is complex and fast changing and can prove to be a minefield for any business owner. Mistakes can be costly. Our employment specialists have many years’ experience of working with agricultural and rural businesses including farmers, distributors, picking and storage operations as well as equestrian based businesses.
How we can help your rural business
With restrictions on migration coming into force as a consequence of Brexit, the rural sector faces challenges in relation to the access and retention of labour. We can provide support and advice in relation to flexible approaches to working, workforce retention and alternative labour models such as apprenticeships.
We give practical and clear advice on all aspects of employment law including contracts, disciplinary matters, sickness management and terminations. If you are a farmer with seasonal workers, we can advise on working arrangements and employment status and ensure proper protections are in place.
We give practical and clear advice on all aspects of employment law including:
- redundancies, reorganisations and restructuring
- bonus, pay and reward arrangements
- Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
- contracts of employment and policies and procedures
- restrictive covenants, competition and confidentiality
- industrial relations and industrial action
- Employment Tribunals and contract claims
- discipline, dismissals and grievances
- discrimination and equal opportunities
- employee exits and settlement agreements
- employment law training
Get in touch
Please fill out the below form or alternatively you can call us on 01622 690691
- Agriculture and rural
- Commercial law in rural business
- Corporate law in rural business
- Family law in the rural community
- Health and safety in rural business
- Planning and environmental law in rural business
- Rural property and buildings
- Secured lending in rural business
- Solving disputes in rural business
- Succession planning in farming businesses
Key Contacts - Employment Law in Rural Business:
Meet the Team:
The team are always professional and efficient. I never hesitate in referring clients to them and feedback that follows is always complimentary.
Chambers High Net Worth Guide
They have a very friendly and personal style. They are always professional, helpful and available.
As a fellow professional they are always incredibly generous with their time in providing assistance and advice, even when it does not concern a mutual client. This regularly extends to outside of the usual hours of business.
The Legal 500
Brachers also offer a comprehensive programme of CPD which is always relevant and often ahead of the curve.